As the peak assurance body for internal audit in Australia, the IIA-Australia is continually working to enhance and support the careers of its members and promote the role of internal audit.
Our vision is to achieve genuine professional body status by 2020.
What does this mean?
- To have a fully qualified membership
- Membership with intrinsic value - not solely benefits focused
- Internal Audit (IA) universally recognised as a profession
- Anyone who practices IA is appropriately qualified or reporting to someone who is
- Mandated code of ethics/professional standards upheld by a disciplinary committee
This is what it means to be a true professional body and a professional internal auditor.
2020 and beyond...