Bob McDonald Award
The Bob McDonald Award is named in honour of the first Australian to hold the position of International Chairman of the global IIA-Australia and of his outstanding contribution to the profession of internal audit.
First presented in June 2004, the inaugural recipient of the Bob McDonald Award was Frank Bowles CIA FIIA(Aust). To date, recipients of this prestigious professional award are:
- 2016: Cathy Blunt PFIIA CIA
- 2015: Gary Anderson PMIIA CIA CRMA
- 2014: David Lawler PFIIA CIA
- 2012: Peter Roebuck MIIA(Aust)
- 2011: Maree Patane PMIIA CIA CRMA and Bill Middleton PFIIA CIA CRMA
- 2009: Jocelyn Newton FIIA(Aust)
- 2008: Bruce Turner AM PFIIA CGAP CRMA
- 2007: Michael Parkinson PFIIA CIA CRMA and Richard Norris MIIA(Aust)
- 2006: Glen Laslett PMIIA CIA CCSA CRMA
Nominations can be submitted at any time for the Bob McDonald Award although there is a formal call for nominations once a year.
To nominate, download and complete the following form: Bob McDonald - Award Criteria & Nomination Form
(PDF, 1146 KB)
GradCertIA Excellence Award winners
These awards were created to reward individual excellence in candidates completing the GradCertIA and aim to:
- Encourage high level achievement
- Recognise excellence and commitment
- Provide a platform for professional advancement.
The GradCertIA Best Overall Performance Award, proudly sponsored by Westpac Banking Corporation, is awarded to the student who excelled across all four modules of the GradCertIA throughout their study.
This was presented to:
- 2016: Matthew Tolley, Director, Practice Management, Department of Human Services
- 2015: Leanne Marie Toby, Professional Risk and Development Manager, Guild Insurance
- 2014: Bree Hogan, Senior Compliance Analyst, Telstra Corporation
The GradCertIA Achievement Award, proudly sponsored by Insurance Australia Group (2014, 2015), Woolworths (2016, 2017), acknowledges a student who has shown the greatest improvement over their course of study.
This was presented to:
- 2016: Justin Boyd, Manager, Compliance & Audit, Qsuper
- 2015: Helen Lam, Regional Risk and Compliance Auditor, Berkley Re Australia
- 2014: Sheila Bulandran, Senior Internal Auditor, Capricorn Society Ltd
John Blackman Award
The annual John Blackman Award is named after the first President of the NSW Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors
Australia. The aim of the John Blackman Award is to demonstrate the Institute's commitment to the highest standards of professional practice in internal auditing.
The Award recognises the achievement by an Australian candidate in passing the CIA® examinations (all four parts – 1990 to 2001; three parts – 2015+) without failures and excellent scores.
The inaugural winner in 1990 was Dennis Fullgrabe. Subsequent winners are:
|2015: James Manning ||1997: Magdalena Au |
|2014: Robert Magistrado ||1996: George Edwards |
|2001: Julie Crisp ||1995: Robert Overell |
|2000: Shane McCarthy ||1994: Michael Parkinson |
|1999: Cameron Duck || 1993: Sean Kelly |
|1998: Peter Coon || 1992: Mary Hoare |
| 1991: Darryl Butler |
Victor Z. Brink Award for Distinguished Service
The Victor Z. Brink Award for Distinguished Service award was established in honour of Victor Brink, one of The IIA’s founders, and its recipients demonstrate outstanding service to the profession through participation in IIA activities.
- 2011: Robert (Bob) Norman McDonald OAM PFIIA CIA CGAP
- 2015: Michael John Parkinson PFIIA CIA CRMA
Certified Internal Auditor: William S. Smith Certificate of Honors Award
The Certificate of Honors is one of the prestigious William S Smith Awards for Outstanding CIA Examination Performance. The Smith Awards are named in honour of the first Chairman of the Board of Regents, who was a driving force behind the development of the CIA Program. Consideration for the Smith awards is based on a candidate's performance on the core parts of the CIA exam (Parts I , II and III).
- 2014: Robert Magistrado (NSW)
- 2011: Stuart Hay (Vic)
- 2004 :Matthew McDonald (NSW) and Donna Smith (Qld)
- 2001: Julie Crisp (NT)
Certificate of Excellence
1994 Michael Parkinson (the first Certificate of Excellence for performance as a CIA candidate internationally).