IIA-Australia releases a range of insightful technical publications to our members which are used as a benchmark by the profession.
In March 2012, to mark our 60th anniversary and sixty years of experience in internal auditing, IIA-Australia launched its inaugural annual technical Journal at the SOPAC® Conference. The Journal will be dedicated to publishing research and scholarly writing on all issues related to internal auditing, risk management, compliance and governance - making a difference in addressing the immense and growing challenges of today's internal audit profession. A second issue has been delayed and may be published electronically.
Inaugural Technical Journal Articles
Available to buy in the Bookstore
The key aims of the Journal are to:
- contribute to the professional practice of internal auditing internationally
- support decision-making and policy-making in the field of internal auditing, risk management, compliance and governance
- publish major articles based on original research and/or thought
The Journal will include:
- thought leadership for the internal audit profession and stakeholders
- theory and academic research with practical applications
- technical peer reviewed advice for the internal auditor practitioner, audit committees and other stakeholders
- studies and surveys that will provide analysis, insight and advice on the impact of and current challenges facing the profession
How can I participate? Be recognised ...Publish your work -
Contribute an article, discussion paper, review or other piece of writing for us to publish. Our primary objective is to publish original, high quality research and writing. Please read the Author Instructions for more information. Or, if you are unsure about whether your contribution may be suited to our publication, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with details of your proposed contribution to ask for advice. Tell a colleague
- Spread the news about our new publication! If you have any colleagues, researchers or students that may benefit from knowing about the Journal, then let them know.
IIA-Australia accepts the following types of articles:
- research articles reporting and analysing new research, theory interpretations
- survey articles mapping the state of knowledge or policy context of particular issues
- practitioner commentaries that are crisp and practical, based on experience, original research and evidence
- reviews and review essays updating the internal audit professional with new literature in the field
Author Instructions (PDF, 152 KB)
Become a sponsor
Published annually, the Journal will be distributed internationally to academia, audit committees, senior business decision-makers, internal audit, risk, compliance and governance professionals in all industry sectors. By exploring new developments and theories in internal audit, the Journal will stimulate debate and discussion among the profession's practitioners. IIA-Australia enjoys a loyal and professional following among a highly engaged membership.
There are 4 levels of sponsorship available - Principal Sponsor, Major Sponsor, Sponsor
Benefits include: exposure and recognition in the Journal, advertising space, free copies of the Journal and much, much more. For more information on sponsorship opportunities, contact Anna Soo, Manager - Sponsorship & Relationship, e: email@example.com
or t: 61 2 9267 9155.
More information IIA Journal Sponsorship Kit
For more information on the Journal, contact:
T: +61 2 9267 9155
Toll Free: 1800 236 366 (outside Sydney)