Why Join IIA-Australia
Internal auditors who join IIA-Australia contribute to the standing of the internal audit profession in the community, as well as gaining the benefits provided by being part of a professional community.
Members of IIA-Australia get a range of support, services and information which helps them perform their roles, improve their skills and knowledge, and keep up-to-date. IIA-Australia also builds and promotes the value of the profession.
- Promoting the value of internal auditing through our advocacy program.
- Ensuring the profession is well represented across all sectors.
- Fostering the development of the profession by bringing the profession’s leaders together through the CAE Service.
- Keep in touch with what is going on in the Australian internal audit community through our website, Linkedin company page and groups, the Twitter feeds, facebook page and our email publications.
- Get networking opportunities through Chapter members meetings and national member webinars and video-linked meetings.
- At members meetings hear presentations by industry experts on issues relevant to internal auditors.
- Participate in a range of member surveys, benchmarking of internal audit best practices, and provide input to standards setting.
- Join a special interest group, they run through each Chapter of IIA-Australia. Special interest group meetings and contact information can be found in the event calendar: -
- the Audit Executive Network (AEN) is an invitation only group for the most senior audit professional in the organisation. AEN groups usually meet twice per year and discuss current issues and future trends affecting the profession
- Young IIA is for members who are 37 or under, or who have less than 5 years internal audit experience. The Young IIA-Australia network aims to provide a valuable networking forum tackling issues and topics facing young professionals as they develop their career.
- a Financial Services Group operates through the NSW Chapter. Meetings for IIA-Australia members working in the financial sector are held several times a year.
Professional knowledge, guidance and information
- IIA maintains the global ‘International Professional Practices Framework’ (IPPF) comprising internal audit standards, practice advisories and practice guides.
- Get immediate notification of professional guidance issued by the IIA-Australia as it is published
- Become involved in providing input into the 'global standard' setting bodies.
- Use the online internal auditing knowledge centre where you can search and access documents and articles.
- Get a copy of the IIA-Australia Journal, an annual journal publishing research and scholarly writing on all issues related to the professional practice of internal auditing, risk management, compliance and governance.
- A free online subscription to the award winning Internal Auditor magazine - a leading source of news, information and global perspectives on risk, control and governance.
- Access to IIA-Australia’s reference collection.
- Access to Global Auditing Information Network (GAIN) benchmarking reports. Compare your audit department functions with those of other organisations, network with peers in their industry, and share successful practices.
Professional development and growth
- Maintain your CPE and keep up-to-date with courses, conferences, webinars and through our other information channels.
- Participate in exclusive “Members Only Webinars” as part of your membership benefits that provide you with CPE opportunities without ever leaving your desk or paying additional fees.
- Receive exclusive member rates, and access to member only events.
- Choose from focussed internal auditing courses for every stage of your career.
- Attend SOPAC, Australia’s premier internal audit event attracts almost 1,000 delegates.
- Access globally recognised certification and use the post-nominal upon successful completion.
- Find your next job opportunity through IIA-Australia job listings, placed by employers and recruiters who are seeking the highest calibre professional internal auditors.
Choose your membership
- Become a CMIIA if you are an experienced internal auditor.
- An AMIIA is for those on the path to becoming a CMIIA, or if you have an interest or involvement in internal audting.
- Student membership is free